According to the official KILLZONE Command Center, Guerrilla Games released the first KILLZONE 2 patch over the weekend. The web site is quick to point out, however, that the version 1.20 patch is only meant to fix bugs and stability issues within the online experience. The patch, in no way, changes the current game play or controller functionality.
Game update version 1.20 contains the following fixes:
• Stability issue regarding randomly named games has been resolved.
• Stability issue where rapidly tapping (X) causes a crash on spawn-select has been resolved.
• Stability issue regarding the Saboteur’s disguise ability has been resolved.
• Stability issue regarding game creation with a blank name has been resolved.
• Stability issue with repeatedly entering/exiting game has been resolved.
• Ignore list functionality has been corrected.
• Unlocking of the “Front Runner” Medal has been fixed.
• Incorrectly awarding victory to clans who don’t show has been fixed.
• Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on Killzone.com has been fixed.
• Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective has been resolved.
• HUD issue when playing as a Medic during Assassination mode has been corrected.
• Controller input has been slightly tweaked and modified.
• Exploit of shotgun auto-lock on has been fixed.
• Issue with D-charges in Campaign mode has been fixed.
While Guerrilla Games has not indicated any urgency towards updating KILLZONE 2’s control scheme, they have acknowledged the fan community’s frustrations. They are looking into the issues and have not yet determined whether a control patch will be necessary.