Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have announced the release dates for Dracula Untold on Digital, Blu-ray, and DVD. Like many blockbusters, the film will be released first to Digital HD on January 20, 2015, followed by Blu-ray and DVD on February 3rd. The film will be available in a Blu-ray Combo Pack that includes a DVD and Digital HD redeemable through the UltraViolet service.
Both the Blu-ray and DVD editions will include similar bonus features including the production diary “Day in the Life – Luke Evans,” the production featurette “Dracula Retold,” a behind-the-scenes look at the making of one of the film’s battle scenes, and feature commentary with directory Gary Shore.
Additional bonus features exclusive to the Blu-ray edition include an alternate opening, deleted scenes, interactive map “The Land of Dracula,” and featurette “Luke Evans – Creating a Legend.”
(See the full specs on bonus material below.)
Dracula Untold – Blu-ray & DVD extra bonus material:
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray
- Alternate Opening
- Deleted Scenes
- The Land of Dracula – An exclusive interactive map that takes fans deep into Dracula’s mysterious world, including Castle Dracula, Cozia Monastery, Broken Tooth Mountain and Borga Pass.
- Luke Evens – Creating a Legend
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
- Day in the Life – Luke Evans – Personal moments with the film’s star provide a glimpse into life on set.
- Dracula Retold – An exploration of the production, including costumes, sets and how the real history of Dracula is woven into the story.
- Slaying 1000 – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Vlad’s epic battle against an army of thousands, from the script and visual effects.
- Feature commentary with director Gary Shore and production designer Francois Audouy.