AT&T’s U-verse TV service has launched weather on demand for customers in the Sacramento area. The new feature is powered by AccuWeather.com which provides detailed weather reports about specific cities and times. The service is free-of-charge to U-verse TV customers, and can be found on Channel 227.
Kathy McKim, AT&T’s VP of external affairs in the area said, “We’re making it easy for customers to check weather conditions and forecasts in their hometown or across the country, whenever they want. …it will be a great resource for our U-verse TV customers who want up-to-date and accurate weather information”
Here is the breakdown of the features:
- View weather information for cities throughout the country that they select.
- View current local conditions, including high/low temperatures, humidity, wind, visibility and barometric pressure.
- Get local and nationwide forecasts, including hourly and six-day outlooks.
- Access animated local and national radar imagery and satellite views.
- Watch current videos of meteorologists presenting the local weather updates.
- Search and select cities by name, ZIP code or by looking at a U.S. map.
UPDATE: As of Jan. 28, 2009 AT&T also added weather on-demand to subscribers in San Antonio, TX.