HD.net rebranded to AXS.tv

Mark Cuban’s HD.net has been changed to AXS.tv as of July 2, 2012. The rebrand comes after a joint venture was formed in January 2012 with TV/radio personality & producer Ryan Seacrest, entertainment company Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), and Creative Artists Agency. The new channel will focus on broadcasting lifestyle and pop culture shows as well as performance events produced by AEG. The channel will continue broadcasting long-running HD.net show Dan Rather Reports but MMA fights and other male-focused programming may be phased out. AXS.tv broadcasts all its programming in 1080i high-definition (HD) resolution.

PinIt
hdreport

hdreport

HD Report provides news, commentary, and information about 4k & HD channels, programming, digital media, Blu-ray, technology, video gaming, and more. We have been a Google News partner since 2006, and can also be found on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook.

6 Replies to “HD.net rebranded to AXS.tv”

1. B says:

HDNet was a millon times better than AXS TV (aka The Seacrest Network). It’s only gonna get worse. Think about it: E! Entertainment + Lifetime + MTV + everything from Entertainment Tonight = AXS TV… and away goes the male audience.

2. tom says:

That’s stupid… I want my damn girls back from get out… Ur gay Ryan seacrest

3. Mike S says:

AXS.tv sucks…
    All my favorite programs are gone. I used to have my DVR set to record a bunch of HDNET shows. Now I don’t have a single one.
    I am not sure what Mark Cuban was thinking by re-branding HDNET. If he wanted a more mainstream channel he should have created a separate one it call it HDNETugh!

4. Jeremy Herlihy says:

This was the WORST Rebrand in tv history. The programming SUCKS

5. jasonb says:

its true the new network may steer away from men’s programming. with Seacrest a partner now you’ll probably see american idol repeats.

6. Mike says:

Another change? I just read the comment above that says: MMA fights and other male-focused programming may be phased out.

If I did not like the current programming, I would not watch it. Why change a winner. If they want to make the changes listed: “broadcasting lifestyle and pop culture shows as well as performance events produced by AEG.” Why not create an additional channel like AXS lifestyle and leave HDNET ALONE. Why ruin a perfectly good channel with millions of viewers? You want to lose those millions to get a few new ones?

If HDNET, now changed to AXS, drops MMA, Art Mann, Drinking made Easy, Deadline, etc.., to add junk that most won’t watch. They will lose millions of happy viewers. I for one only keep the upper tier on my Dish package so I can watch HDNET and a couple others. Dropping it if they change will only save me money.