Disney Studios’ Alice in Wonderland will be released on Tuesday, Dec. 7 on Blu-ray 3D as a 4-Disc Combo Pack that includes a Blu-ray 3D Disc, Blu-ray 2D Disc, DVD and Digital Copy. (Why not throw a VHS in there?) The Tim Burton fantasy adventure on BD will come with extra production features such as “The Futterwacken Dance,” “The Mad Hatter,” and “Effecting Wonderland.” (Unfortunately no bonus materials on the 3D disc.)
The Blu-ray Disc is formatted in 1080p video with Dolby Digital 5.1 HD surround sound. Alice in Wonderland 4-Disc Combo Pack with Blu-ray 3D will retail for $49.99 in the US. Check out the list of extras below.
- Finding Alice – It’s all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton’s vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney’s version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp’s early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
Everything on the DVD plus:
- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland’s good queen, about her character’s journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to “Cake Divas” where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.