Warner Bros.’ Blade Runner 2049 is available for pre-order and will release to Blu-ray, 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD on Jan. 18, 2018. And, we now have details about special features and Blu-ray/4k Blu-ray specifications.
On both Blu-ray editions the film is presented in 16×9 (2.4:1) widescreen aspect ratio. The standard Blu-ray, of course, presents Blade Runner 2049 at 1080p video resolution while the Ultra HD Blu-ray edition features 2160p video with HDR color. The soundtrack on both Blu-rays is provided in Dolby Atmos and Dolby TrueHD.
Bonus content includes quite a few featurettes as well as the three ‘2049’ Prologues that were released to YouTube leading up to the film. In both Blu-ray editions digital copies can be obtained using the Movies Anywhere platform.
A marathon of movie watching at two hours and forty-four minutes, the film received high scores from critics and fans alike, including a 3.5/4 score from Roger Ebert and 88% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Blu-ray Special Features
- Blade Runner 101 – The Replicant Evolution
- Blade Runner 101 – Blade Runners
- Blade Runner 101 – The Rise of Wallace Corp
- Blade Runner 101 – Welcome to 2049
- Blade Runner 101 – Jois
- Blade Runner 101 – Within the Skies: Spinners, Pilotfish, Barracudas
- Designing the World of Blade Runner 2049
- To be Human: Casting Blade Runner 2049
- 2022: Black Out (Anime)
- 2036: Nexus Dawn
- 2048: Nowhere To Run