There will be several Blu-ray editions printed including standard Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, and Ultra HD Blu-ray, all of which include a Digital HD copy redeemable with iTunes or UltraViolet. The 2-disc Blu-ray and 3-disc Blu-ray 3D editions also include a DVD copy, and the 2-disc 4k edition has both Blu-ray and Ultra HD copies.
In addition to the standard releases listed above, Best Buy has their own exclusive Steelbook edition selling for $27.99, and Amazon has a multi-format gift set priced at $49.99.
The Blu-ray releases of Star Trek Beyond appear to be packed with extras such as deleted scenes, gag reel, and nine featurettes detailed below.
The Ultra HD Blu-ray release features High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with a deeper color range and more details in light and shadow areas. English audio is provided in 24-bit Dolby TrueHD 7.1 with Dolby Atmos for home theater and audio systems that support the format. French, Portuguese, and Spanish-language soundtracks will play in 5.1 Dolby Digital.
In June, Paramount released J.J. Abrams’ other two Star Trek films: Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) to Ultra HD Blu-ray with HDR. The 4k editions sell for $29.99 each.
Star Trek Beyond Special Features:
- Deleted Scenes – Go Beyond the final cut of the movie with scenes you didn’t see in theaters.
- Beyond the Darkness – Meet visionary producer J.J. Abrams, director Justin Lin and co-writers Simon Pegg and Doug Jung as they discuss the inspiration for the Star Trek Beyond storyline and how it came to life.
- Enterprise Takedown – Experience edge-of-your-seat action and see how a shocking attack destroys the USS Enterprise.
- Divided and Conquered – Learn how filmmakers pushed the boundaries in Star Trek Beyond by forcing the Enterprise crew into their most challenging situations yet.
- A Warped Sense of Revenge – Meet Star Trek’s newest villain, Krall, as actor Idris Elba reveals the backstory behind his character’s terrifying ambitions.
- Trekking in the Desert – Go on set to Dubai and discover how its futuristic architecture became the foundation for the most innovative Starbase yet.
- Exploring Strange New Worlds – Tour the incredible production sets of Star Trek Beyond with director Justin Lin.
- New Life, New Civilizations – See how special effects designers met the challenge to create an unprecedented 50 new alien species for the film to celebrate Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary.
- To Live Long and Prosper – Journey through the past 50 years of Star Trek with J.J. Abrams and the cast as they reflect on the evolution of this iconic sci-fi series.
- For Leonard and Anton – Watch a touching tribute to the legendary Leonard Nimoy and beloved crew member Anton Yelchin.
- Gag Reel – Join in on the fun with this hilarious gag reel of on-set bloopers.