Looking to be ahead of the curve in TV technology? This Black Friday might be the time to upgrade your 720p or 1080p television to four-times the resolution with a 4k Ultra HD TV. While 4k content is still limited, a number of options for viewing true 4k include original Netflix series such as House of Cards, upcoming 4k streams from Amazon, and DirecTV’s new 4k service for Samsung TVs. Ultra HD TVs will also upscale lower resolution content to take advantage of all the pixel resolution 4k has to offer.
We took a look around at the biggest retailers to find the best deals on 4k TVs this Black Friday shopping season. And while Ultra HD seemed so expensive just a year ago, this year quality sets are not that much more expensive than high-end 1080p TVs. Granted, the bigger the screen size the bigger the price jump. To illustrate the disparity, a basic Samsung 40-inch Ultra HD TV is priced at $599, while a 78-inch Curved Ultra HD TV is priced at $6,999, albeit with higher-end display and processing technology.
To help you decide where to shop for a Ultra HD TV, here’s a look at what Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart have to offer for Black Friday this year.
Amazon has got plenty of deals on 4k TVs, so we just picked out a few that stood out. For one, the 55-inch Samsung (55HU7250) Curved LED 4k Smart TV is selling for just $1,297 (List: $2,199).
- Samsung 55″ (55HU7250) Curved LED 4k Smart TV – (List: $2,199) Sale $1,299
- Samsung 65″ (65HU7250) Curved LED 4k Smart TV – (List: $3,199) Sale $1,997
- Sony 55″ (XBR55X850B) 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV – (List: $2,999) Sale $1,498
- Sony 65″ (XBR65X850B) 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV – (List: $3,999) Sale $2,498
Best Buy has got quite a few Samsung models available. They are selling the same 55-inch model Amazon is selling for just $2 more at $1,299 (List: $2,199). They’ve also got a real affordable 40-inch model.
- Samsung 40-inch (0HU6950FXZA) LED 4k Smart TV – (List: $999) Sale $599
- Samsung 55-inch (55HU7250) Curved LED 4k Smart TV – (List: $2,199) Sale $1,299
- Samsung 55-inch (55HU8550FXZA) LED 4k Smart TV w/3D – (List: $4,499) Sale $1,499
- Samsung 65-inch (65HU7250FXZA) Curved LED TV – (List: $3,299) Sale $1,999
- Samsung 60-inch (60HU8550FXZA) LED 4k Smart TV w/3D – (List: $2,999) Sale $1,999
- Samsung 65-inch (65HU8550FXZA) LED 4k Smart TV w/3D – (List: $3,499) Sale $2,299
- Samsung 65-inch (65HU9000FXZA) Curved LED Smart TV w/3D – (List: $4,999) Sale $3,499
- Samsung 78-inch (78HU9000FXZA) Curved LED Smart TV w/3D – (List: $8,999) Sale $6,999
Unfortunately, Target seems to be out of stock online for most of their Black Friday 4k TV offers, although you can check local stores for availability. Here are three deals we found.
- LG 49″ Class (49UB8200) 120Hz UHD LED 4k TV – Out of stock online
- VIZIO 60″ (P602ui-B3) Ultra HD 4k LED Smart TV w/240Hz – (List: $1,699) Sale $1,499
- VIZIO 60″ (M702i-B3) Ultra HD 4k LED Smart TV w/240Hz – (List: $1,799) Sale $1,699
- VIZIO 70″ (P702ui-B3) Ultra HD 4k LED Smart TV w/240Hz – (List: $2,499) Sale $2,099
When searching on their website for Black Friday deals Walmart has quite a few 4k TVs available. But list prices of many of the sets are not provided, therefore we didn’t list them as deals. Check your local store flyers for more models.
- Samsung 55″ (55HU7250FXZA) Curved LED TV – (List: $2,197) Sale $1,297
- VIZIO 50″ (P502ui-B1E) 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED Smart TV (List: NA) Sale $998
- Samsung 55″ (555HU6950FXZA) 4k Ultra HD LED TV (List: $1,599) Sale $1,197
Disclosure: HD Report is an affiliate partner with Amazon.
UPDATED with revisions Nov. 27, 2014. Thanks,Daniel for catching the error in the 70″ Vizio listing.
Hi 8k. We didn’t see any 4k sales on Costco’s national flyer or their Black Friday webpage, so we didn’t include them in the article. But local Costcos are sure to have some great deals. Thank you for the info!
I do not see the Vizio 70″ 4k TV listed for $1699, I think you mean the M series?
You failed to mention the most interesting.
Costco has 2 Vizio UHD, with one being $999.