Epson is now shipping what they call the “World’s First Android-Based See-Through Wearable Display.” The Moverio BT-100 is a set of glasses (herein referred to as “display”) which houses two micro-projections for personalized 3D viewing. The displays are controlled by track-pad remote running on Android, and sound can be heard through personal headphones or the included detachable set.
The $699 Moverio device boasts Dolby Mobile surround sound, built-in Wi-Fi, six hours of battery life, and storage to the display’s built-in 1GB internal or external microSDHC card slot (up to 32GB). With the added storage, you can view downloaded content offline.
Epson says the BT-100 gives users a new way “to interact with 3D CAD environments to visualizing 3D design renderings.” And hey, guess what? The Moverio supports Flash 11. Adobe must be proud.
Moverio BT-100 leverages Epson’s leadership in LCD technology and visual imaging to project an 80-inch perceived “floating” display into the user’s environment for browsing the web, playing games, watching videos and interacting with content privately, while still allowing the user to experience and see the real world. Using Moverio’s Android-powered controller with Wi-Fi connectivity, users can watch streaming video from sites such as YouTube or Vimeo or manage, download and interact with apps and content from nearly anywhere. Additional features of the Android-powered controller include:
- Enhanced Mobility: Rechargeable battery offers nearly six hours of battery life
- Removable Memory: Built-in card slot supports up to 32GB microSDHC card
- Download and Go: Transfer content, games and apps to the included 4GB microSDHC card or internal 1GB of user storage on the controller
- Adobe® Flash® 11 Support: Stream videos from popular television websites featuring Flash 11 content and content rich Flash-enabled websites
- Big Sound: Dolby® Mobile surround sound delivered to personal earphones or Moverio’s detachable earphones (included in-box)
- Innovative Navigation: Touch-enabled track pad and navigational buttons enable easy interaction of content
- Immersive 3D: Enjoy side-by-side 3D content like never before