In recognition of the 5th Anniversary of Blu-ray Disc, Home Media Magazine has released a Special Report listing the Top-Selling Blu-ray discs of all time. The data, provided by Nielsen VideoScan, takes into account sales up until May 1, 2011.
Taking a quick glance at the Top 10, it’s no surprise FOX, Warner Bros., Sony/Disney and Paramount fill up those slots. Universal and BBC Video have got titles in the Top 20. Other studios making the Top 100 include Summit, MGM, Dreamworks, and HBO.
Below is a list of the Top 10 with Blu-ray Disc release date.
- Avatar (Fox) 4/22/10
- The Dark Knight (Warner) 12/9/08
- Inception (Warner) 12/7/10
- The Hangover (Warner) 12/15/09
- Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition (Disney) 10/5/10
- Star Trek (Paramount) 11/17/09
- Toy Story 3 (Disney) 11/2/10
- Iron Man (Paramount) 9/30/08
- Iron Man 2 (Paramount) 9/28/10
- Up (Disney) 11/10/09
We’ll tease you with the Top 10, but if you want to see all 100 top sellers visit HomeMediaMagazine.com and click on the blue graphic that says “SPECIAL REPORT: BLU-RAY DISC AT 5.” The whitepaper also has a lot of other fascinating facts about Blu-ray Disc and its impact in the industry.