Sling Launches Cloud DVR for Roku Users
Starting today select Sling TV customers with Roku media players or Roku TVs will get an email asking them to take part in a beta launch of the company’s Cloud DVR service.
Sling didn’t indicate how much DVR space beta testers would receive, but upon official launch customers will get 100 hours of storage at no charge. The cloud DVR will allow simultaneous recording of movies, TV episodes, entire series, and other programming without scheduling conflicts.
Sling says more users will be asked to test the service throughout the beta program. Those who want to know when Cloud DVR is officially available can enter their email addresses at sling.com/dvr.
Here’s more about what Sling had to say about their Cloud DVR service:
- Cloud DVR functionality, including video recording and playback, is currently only available on Roku players and Roku TVs. DVR support for additional devices will roll out at a later date.
At launch, you will receive 100 hours of cloud DVR storage at no charge.
- You’ll be able to record movies, episodes, full series and more! DVR functionality is not currently available for all channels.
- You will also be able to pause, rewind or fast-forward your recorded content.
- You may record programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Your DVR content will be integrated directly into your “My TV” screen, so you can access your recordings easily and quickly.
- Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest ‘watched’ recording when capacity is full.
- You will also have the ability to manage your own DVR space and delete individual, multiple or all recordings.
Source: Sling Blog