Here’s Where to Buy ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Early Digital Release
Whenever there’s a blockbuster digital release we like to take a look around and find the best place to buy it. Keep in mind, sometimes there are bonus features included with the digital release and sometimes not — so look down below for any notes that indicate special features.
The digital version of the film can be purchased in either Digital HD or 4k UHD (Vudu only). Unfortunately, the SD version is only available to pre-order from limited services such as iTunes and Amazon Video.
From most popular video services Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is $19.99 (HD), $14.99 (SD pre-order), and $24.99 (4k UHD) from Vudu. Verizon FiOS On Demand is charging the most at $20.99 for the HD version.
Extras from Amazon, iTunes, Sony and Vudu may include the featurettes “The Making of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Visionary Intro,” “Guardians Inferno Music Video,” scene breakdowns, deleted scenes, gag reel, audio commentary, and more depending on service.
Fandango and Microsoft Video seem to include the most bonus material with a total of 28 pieces of content (15 of those are Scene Breakdowns) as well as the extras mentioned above.
As with everything, check with the service you’re thinking of buying from to be sure they offer all the extras you want.
Vudu’s Digital UHD features HDR with Dolby Vision but no Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus only). But make sure system will be able to play it in 4k. Here’s a list of supporting devices for Vudu Digital UHD.
Where to Buy “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” Digital SD/HD/UHD
- Amazon Video – $14.99 (SD pre-order) $19.99 (HD) +Bonus
- Apple iTunes – $14.99 (SD pre-order) $19.99 (HD) + iTunes Extras
- FandangoNow –NA (SD) | $19.99 (HD) +Bonus
- Google Play – NA (SD) | $19.99 (HD)
- Sony Entertainment Network – NA (SD) | $19.99 (HD) + Bonus
- Verizon FiOS On Demand – NA (SD) | $20.99 (HD)
- Vudu (Walmart) – NA (SD) | $19.99 (HD) | $24.99 (UHD) + Bonus (8)
- Microsoft Video – NA (SD) | $19.99 (HD) | +Bonus
*Prices at time of article publication
NA: Not available upon publication