Universal Pictures has announced the release dates for Fifty Shades Darker to home media formats. The film will first release to Digital HD on Friday, April 25, followed by 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand, on May 9, 2017.
What’s more, Fifty Shades Darker will be presented in an ‘Unrated’ edition with over 13 minutes of footage not seen in theaters.
The film will be available in a 4K combo pack with Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and Digital HD copies, and, The 4K Ultra HDcombo pack will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray disc.
Bonus features that come with both Blu-ray editions include 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, cast interviews, behind-the-scenes features, and a peek at the upcoming Fifty Shades Freed film that completes a trilogy.
Fifty Shades Darker provides a DTS:X Immersive Audio soundtrack (and 2.0 DTS Headphone track), with video presented in 1080p (Blu-ray) and 2160p (4k Blu-ray) at 2.40:1 widescreen aspect ratio. The 4k Blu-ray features deep color depth with HDR (High Dynamic Range).
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray:
- A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
- New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
- The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
- Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD:
- Deleted Scenes
- A Tease to Fifty Shades Freed – A tease to the next Fifty Shades film.
- Writing Darker – Author E.L. James and screenwriter Niall Leonard trace back the history of the book and introduce viewers to the much darker story and its adaptation to the big screen.
- Dark Reunion – The filmmakers and cast members discuss being reunited for this second film, and where we find Ana, Christian and their friends.
Shop for Fifty Shades Darker – Unrated Edition