Warner Bros.’ 2014 film Godzilla has just been released early to digital format, made available for purchase about two weeks ahead of the Blu-ray Disc, DVD, On Demand, and other rental options are available on September 16. The average price of Godzilla in Digital HD is $19.99, with Verizon FiOS On Demand offering the least expensive option at $17.99, and Best Buy’s Cinema Now pricing Godzilla in HD the highest at $22.
For those of you building up your UltraViolet collection, UV-supporting digital services include Target, Walmart’s Vudu, and Best Buy’s Cinema Now. Once you link your accounts from Cinema Now, Target and Vudu, your library will contain all titles purchased within the UltraViolet database. For those of you who would rather wait for the hard copies, check out this article that details the Godzilla disc editions available on September 16.
Here is a price comparison to help you to decide where to buy.
“Godzilla (2014)” Digital HD and On Demand Prices*
- Apple iTunes $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Amazon Instant Video $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Best Buy Cinema Now $22 (HD)
- Google Play $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Target Ticket $18.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Vudu $19.99 (HD or HDX) $14.99 (SD)
- Verizon FiOS On Demand $17.99 (HD) $17.99 (SD)
- Xfinity On Demand $20.99 (HD) $17.99 (SD)
- Sony Entertainment Network $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Xbox Video $18.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
*At time of article publication.