Comcast Xfinity TV customers in Michigan now have access to Comcast’s cloud-enabled X1 Platform. The platform provides a more seamless experience with updates to search and navigation features that integrate TV listings, On Demand titles, and DVR listings within a faster interface. The most useful feature of the X1 may be the ability to record four shows at once while watching a fifth at the same time. Customized apps such as Pandora, Facebook, weather, and sports apps are accessible. And, Comcast’s new remote control doesn’t require a line-of-sight connection to the set-top box.
“Reflecting our standards of innovation, speed and utility, the X1 Platform essentially transforms our video product from a hardware experience to a software experience,” said Tim Collins, Senior Vice President for Comcast in Michigan.
Comcast has also updated the X1 remote app for iPhone and iPod touch devices which allows customers to use motions, gestures and voice commands to control the X1. Customers can filter results by genre or HD, and interact with social media apps. The iOS virtual keyboard can be also be used with X1 for quicker searching through content.
X1 Platform key features include:
- All-new easy-to-read main screen with a sleek user interface and search guide that enables fast, one-click access to a vast array of video content and entertainment options.
- All-new, highly responsive smart-remote offers unified search, instant play and recommendations, finding entertainment content in seconds from TV listings, DVR recordings and XFINITY On Demand; new remote does not require a line-of-sight connection to the set-top box.
- Ability to record four shows simultaneously and watch a fifth at the same time; DVR includes multi-room service, which lets customers watch recorded shows in any room in the house.
- Customized apps including weather, sports, real-time traffic, Facebook and Pandora.
- New remote control app with motion and voice control can filter content by genre and HD, control DVR, and interact with social media tools and apps.
- Seamless content delivery from multiple sources (i.e., TV, games, apps, social media) to nearly all screens in the home (i.e., TV, IP connected devices, game consoles).
- Cloud technology delivers regular, real-time updates and enables rapid web-like development, enhancements and continuous evolution.
On Aug. 1, 2013 Comcast Xfinity launched X1 in six New Mexico service areas including: Albuquerque, Farmington, Las Cruces, Los Alamos, Santa Fe and Silver City.
On Aug. 2, 2013 Comcast Xfinity launched X1 in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
On Aug. 5, 2013 Comcast Xfinity launched X1 launched in Washington state markets.