Cox Communications announced multi-platform coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympics from London. In cooperation with NBCUniversal, the company will provide live streaming broadcasts, video-on-demand, mobile and tablet apps, and a 3D channel. All-in-all, Cox says they will provide customers over 5,535 hours of Olympic programming, including 242 hours of 3D broadcasts. The Olympics events will run on NBCUniversal networks including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, as well as two “HD specialty channels” and one 3D channel. Coverage will begin on Wednesday, July 25 and end on Sunday, August 12. To stream live Olympics events, go to NBCOlympics.com and log-in with your COX account username and password. Open the press release link below for more info from Cox.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience for Cox customers Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to customers who subscribe to Cox’s TV Essentials tier or higher and who sign in with their Cox User ID and password. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours from NBCUniversal networks, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that Cox customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. In addition, customers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Cox customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
- Select Cox
- Enter the Cox User ID and password that corresponds with the account
Once customers complete this process, they will remain signed in throughout the Games on that device.
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Cox customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
- On DEMAND: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Cox’s On DEMAND service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
- Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.
- In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
- 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Cox customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
- Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels will be available to Cox customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit www.NBCOlympics.com or www.cox.com/NBCLondonGames.