Amazon Fire TV Stick & Fire TV Stick 4k owners can now install the Apple TV+ app. The new support for the Apple platform anticipates the launch of Apple TV+ on November 1st, when the company will launch a slate of original shows including “Dikinson,” “See,” and “The Morning Show.”
Unfortunately, the app is not available for first-generation Fire TV Stick or 1st and 2nd-generation Fire TV, but is expected in the near future for both generations of Amazon’s Fire TV Cube and 3rd-generation “pendant design” Fire TV.
In addition, support for Fire TVs from Insignia and Toshiba is coming soon.
Countries where the app is supported upon launch include the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, and the U.K.
The Apple TV+ app can be found in the Amazon Appstore and installed on Amazon Fire TV Stick & Fire TV Stick 4k. Upon purchase (it’s a free app) Amazon will let you know whether or not your Fire TV device is supported.
The app recently launched for Roku streaming media devices will playback 4k/HDR content on 4k TVs and supporting HDR TVs.
• Discover new shows and movies from the world’s most creative minds on Apple TV+
• Watch TV shows and movies that you’ve already purchased or rented from Apple, available in the Library tab
• Watch premium channels — all ad-free, on demand, and shareable with up to 6 family members
• Find new release movies or explore the catalog of over 100,000 movies and shows, including the largest catalog of 4K HDR movies
• Watch Now is your home in the Apple TV app, where you can find expertly-curated collections and personalized recommendations picked just for you
• Up Next, your personal watch list, helps you quickly find and watch your favorites, or resume what you’re watching from the moment you left off across all your devices