Disney has revealed the release date for Solo: A Star Wars Story to Blu-ray, 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD will be Sept. 25, 2018. The film will also be available in several exclusive retailer editions from Best Buy, Target and Walmart.
Video on the Blu-ray is presented in 1080p while the 4k Blu-ray bumps the resolution 4x to 2160p. The Ultra HD Blu-ray is also expected to contain HDR encoding for enhanced color depth. For audio, it seems the Blu-ray will offer an English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack while the 4k Blu-ray upgrades to Dolby Atmos. English 2.0 Descriptive Audio is provided on both formats, as well as Spanish and French language in Dolby Digital 5.1.
Bonus material on the Blu-ray disc includes a Director and Cast roundtable, several production featurettes, several extended and deleted scenes, and more. (See below for details.)
The common Blu-ray editions of Solo: A Star Wars Story are priced $22.99 (Blu-ray) and $29.99 (Ultra HD Blu-ray) from Best Buy and Target.
Best Buy’s exclusive 4k Blu-ray SteelBook edition is priced $34.99. (They don’t have a 1080p Blu-SteelBook edition listed.)
Target’s exclusive 4k Blu-ray edition includes a filmmaker gallery and storybook and sells for $32.99. They also have a REDCARD Exclusive with Millennium Falcon metal model kit selling for $32.99 (Blu-ray) and $42.99 (4k Blu-ray).
Walmart has an exclusive Blu-ray edition of Solo: A Star Wars Story selling for $23.99.
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.