The updated Starcraft will also be compatible with the existing version, so that those who buy the new version can still play with anyone who has StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War.
The updated title comes almost 20 years after the original release in 1998, hitting stores and download servers on August 14, 2017.
StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War updates and new features include:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!
StarCraft: Remastered will release for Windows and Mac OS computers at a modest price of $14.99. Those who pre-order the game at the Blizzard Shop will get exclusive in-game rewards such as three unique building skins for use in StarCraft: Remastered and digital bonuses in StarCraft II including the Alexei Stukov co-op commander and three unique portraits that celebrate StarCraft: Remastered.
Languages will include English, Brazilian Portuguese, European and Latin American Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and simplified and traditional Chinese.