Verizon FiOS TV no longer carries The Sportsman Channel

Buck Ventures The Woodsman

Image: The Sportsman Channel

FiOS TV customers who regularly watched The Sportsman Channel will no longer find the network in their lineup, as Verizon has dropped the channel claiming overall increases in programming costs and low viewership of the channel.

“We have decided not to renew our contract for Sportsman Channel due to its low viewership, and have discontinued broadcasting it. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,” said Verizon.

The Sportsman Channel broadcasts outdoor adventure, hunting, and fishing programming, with shows such as “North American Whitetail,” ” Smith & Wesson’s Outdoor Guide,” and “Buckventures’ The Woodsman” (pictured above).

The channel uses the phrase “Red, Wild & Blue America” to express equal focus on both the American spirit and great outdoors.

Sportsman Channel is available on AT&T U-verse (Channels 642, 1642 HD), DirecTV (Channel 605), Dish Network (Channels 395 & 395 HD), Time Warner Cable (Channel 331), Cox Communications (Channels 488 & 1488 HD), Charter (Channels 421 & 876 HD), and other channels depending on location and TV provider. Check your local listings.

Source: Multichannel News

PinIt
contributor

contributor

HD Report frequently features articles written by guest contributors who are experts in the industry. Our publication is listed in Google News as well as other tech and entertainment forums. If you would like to write a news article, review, or editorial please contact us.

18 Replies to “Verizon FiOS TV no longer carries The Sportsman Channel”

1. Joe says:

Verizon sucks!!! This sounds like some political garbage. The folks in charge are idiots. Hope you go out of business soon. And while I am at it, your out-sour Ed tech support is absolutely awful. Get your crap together!!!!!

2. Lara bishop says:

I loved switching to verizon but now im disappointed …they SuCK ! Removing the oudoor/ hunting stations? Really? So where is our refund??. We signed on to a plan that you can no longer offer us. Calling time warner tomorrow…its worth the fee to get rid of Verizon!

3. lisa says:

First they drop the weather channel, now this. Not good Verizon! !!

4. william says:

Verizon…. A bunch of liberals that have never stepped a foot in the woods. I say we drop the CEO in the deer woods for a week I bet he brings back our channels then.

5. David says:

Low viewership I don’t think so. Political agenda. I think so.

6. Brian says:

Canceled Vetizon FIOS and ordered CABLEVISION Optimum and saved money too! Bye bye FIOS!

7. Kevin Bradshaw says:

You discontinued both hunting channels and leave b___s__t channel on about gay guy and cupcakes. Bring back my hunting channels or I’ll be discontinuing fios and find some other carrier who has sporting channels. Whoever is responsible for cancelling these 2 channels is an idiot.

8. Scot b. says:

Just ordered sportsman channel little over a month ago and they didn’t even say they were cancelling it. That’s wrong. Done with Verizon.

9. Mark says:

A lot of the shows on Outdoor Channel and Sportsman can be watched online for free at http://www.CarbonTV.com. I think they also have integrations with Samsung, Roku, XBOX, and some others.

10. Mario says:

Not only did they cancel the Sportsman Channel but i just got and email from Verizon that they are cancelling the Outdoor channel as well. Guess I’ll be cancelling Verizon!

11. George says:

Hey Verizon you suck! We will be switching also. It’s about time these companies start allowing you to pick and choose channels that customers actually watch.

12. Alec fleck says:

Hey Verizon I just watched wolves get slaughtered on Yukon men on Discover (and loved every second of it) are you canceling this channel next!!! Cowards……

13. Don says:

One of the main channels that I watched , Verizon had to drop. I would drop them in a second but my wife likes them. They already dropped the weather channel. AccuWeather isn’t worth a crap. I wonder what’s next in there confused minds.

14. ItsTheXFactor says:

omg grow a pair verizon could care less if you silly hillbillies cancel your fios smh go on cancel and move on over to comcast or somthing ……….uncle jesse…..hahaha smh

15. Shaun kelly says:

I cannot believe you dropped the Sportsman Channel this is ridiculous I will be cancelling Verizon FiOS and I will tell all my friends to also

16. John says:

I’m guessing their might be some political reasons for dropping Sportsman Channel also, especially since Verizon still carries the Outdoor Channel. Sportsman’s carried NRA’s Cam & Co. Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, History of guns, etc., pro-gun, 2nd Ammendment type programming. It wouldn’t surprise me if some Lib at Verizon just decided they didn’t want to carry that type of programming anymore.
    The other interesting thing about this is that my contract requires me to pay my monthly fee for two years or else pay an early termination fee yet Verizon can change the terms of the agreement on their end with no notice and no compensation and I have no recourse, pretty shady contract if you ask me.

17. Gary Bonds says:

Nielsen said The Sportsman Channel was in 33 million homes in August. I would not consider that low viewer interest. Bring back the Spotsmans channel as no other channel carries the same programs. Give us the option of paying a little more.

18. Bill says:

So, I could care less about this change, but don’t they have to give advance notice before dropping channels?