GoPro has announced a new model of action cams that is 50-percent smaller and 40-percent lighter than their HERO4 Black and Silver cameras. The camera records video at 1080p/60fps, 720p/100 fps and 1440p/30 fps formats, and can shoot 8 megapixel (3264 x 2448px) photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes.
The camera features one-button control (similar to what Polaroid did with their Cube cameras), making it much easier and quicker to capture action. However, more controls and settings can be accessed using the GoPro Smart Remote or GoPro App for iOS and Android devices.
Other features (found in the HERO4 series) include SuperView, Protune and Auto Low Light recording modes. And, the Session camera comes in a durable waterproof design (rated up to 10 meters) so there may be no need to purchase a separate waterproof housing.
“With HERO4 Session, we challenged ourselves to produce the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro possible,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO.
The GoPro HERO4 Session, available July 12th, will retail for $399.99.
GoPro HERO4 Session Specifications:
- Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
- Waterproof to 33′ (10m), no separate housing required
- Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
- Captures 8MP Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photos
- Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
- Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
- Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
- New Ball Joint Buckle mount is included