‘Lincoln’ Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy release dates announced
DreamWorks studios has announced the official release dates for Lincoln on Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and digital formats. In the US, the film will be available in all three formats on March 26, 2013. Internationally, Lincoln will be released earlier for digital distribution on April 24, followed by Blu-ray and DVD formats on May 8. Lincoln will be available in several disc editions including a 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, and Single-Disc DVD.
The 4-Disc Combo (MSRP $28.00) will include a Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy of the film. The edition will also pack the most bonus features including “The Journey To Lincoln” and “A Historic Tapestry: Richmond Virginia” among the six extras listed. (See below for all bonus features.)
The 2-Disc Combo Pack (MSRP $24.50) will include Blu-ray and DVD copies along with the two extras mentioned above. The Single-Disc DVD will only include the bonus feature “The Journey To Lincoln.”
Lincoln on Blu-ray is formatted in 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.40:1) with English 7.1 DTS-HDMA and English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital audio formats. The DVD is formatted in Widescreen (2.40:1) enhanced for 16×9 TVs.
DreamWorks’ Lincoln was nominated for 12 Oscars, including Best Achievement in Directing (Steven Spielberg) and Best Motion Picture of the Year. The film won two Oscars, including Best Actor in a Leading Role (Daniel Day-Lewis) and Best Achievement in Production Design (Jim Erickson, Rick Carter).
Lincoln 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Bonus Features
- The Journey To Lincoln—Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen.
- A Historic Tapestry: Richmond, Virginia —Steven Spielberg and team discuss the historical significance of Richmond, Virginia, and why they chose to shoot the film there.
- In The Company Of Character—Delve into Daniel Day-Lewis’ portrayal of Lincoln, and discover the authenticity and openness created by the actors and filmmakers on set.
- Crafting The Past—Examine the re-creation of Lincoln’s era through authentic period details in production design, costume and makeup.
- Living With Lincoln—Follow Steven Spielberg, the cast and crew through the shooting of the film, from the battle at Jenkins’ Ferry, through the epic 13th Amendment showdown in the House of Representatives, to Lincoln’s tragic end.
- In Lincoln’s Footsteps—Explore the film’s editing, sound design, and the subtle yet poignant musical score by John Williams, and discover how relevant and inspiring Lincoln still is today.