Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the iconic film Jaws will be released to hi-def Blu-ray Disc on August 14, 2012. The film will be available in a multi-format Combo Pack that includes a Blu-ray Disc (for the first time), DVD, Digital Copy, and UltraViolet copy. The digitally remastered Jaws provides a 7.1 channel soundtrack, highlighting the film’s Oscar-winning music score by John Williams. And, the Blu-ray contains plenty of extras such as a new feature-length documentary, deleted scenes and outtakes, BD-Live, and pocket BLU. Jaws won three Oscars including Best Film Editing, Best Music Original Score, and Best Sound. The film was also nominated for Best Picture, setting the stage for director Steven Spielberg who went on to direct additional Oscar winning films Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial. Jaws stars Richard Dreyfuss, Roy Scheider and Robert Shaw. The newly remastered release on Blu-ray Disc celebrates Universal’s 100 years in the business. Open the press release link below for details on extras.
Jaws Blu-ray Bonus Features:
The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: All-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS , featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
- pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE™ : Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
DVD Bonus Features:
- Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS : Highlights from the full-length documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.