What’s new on Blu-ray this week? A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011) is available in three different variations that include a Three-Disc Blu-ray Edition that packages a total of 4 copies of the film: Blu-ray 3D; Blu-ray; DVD; and UltraViolet Digital Copy. You can also get ‘Harold & Kumar Christmas’ in Two-Disc or Single-Disc Blu-ray editions. Criterion Collection has a release this week of two films from director Chris Marker. La Jetee (1962) and Sans Soleil (1983) have been digitally remastered and packaged together with a booklet and other extras.
Let’s not forget the kids and the young at heart this week. Disney has re-released Lady and the Tramp (1955) to Blu-ray Disc along with deleted scenes, a Digital Copy of the film, and other extras. Casino Royale (1967) has been printed to high-definition Blu-ray. No, this is the not the recent Bond film with Daniel Craig but an early spoof of 007 that pre-dates the Austin Powers titles and stars Bond girl Ursula Andress with Woody Allen as “Jimmy” Bond. There are also several memorable titles from the eighties worth mentioning such as Dangerous Liasons (1988), A Fish Called Wanda (1988), and Throw Momma From the Train (1987). Finally, let’s not forget Saturday’s release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part I on Blu-ray Disc and Digital Formats.
Here are our Blu-ray picks for the week:
- La Jetee/Sans Soleil (Criterion Collection)
- A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (Three-Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy)
- It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)
- Casino Royale (1967)
- Dangerous Liaisons
- Downton Abbey: Season 2 (Original U.K. Edition)
- Lady and the Tramp (Diamond Edition Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
- Lady and the Tramp (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)
- The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
- Fish Called Wanda
- Hawaii Five O: The First Season
- Throw Momma From the Train
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part I
Here’s a link to all new Blu-ray Discs for Feb. 7, 2012.