Sony will offer PlayStation Network subscribers free games as a “thank you” for sticking with them during the long network outage. As soon as all PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, Sony will let subscribers download two PS3 or PSP games from a select list for up to 30 days. Now isn’t that nice?
There’s more: Sony will load up some movies that will be available to rent free-of-charge over one weekend; All PSN subscribers will get a free trial of the PlayStation Plus service; Existing ‘Plus’ subscribers will get another 60 days free; and, several music and virtual “gifts” will be given out.
All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
PlayStation 3 games (You’ll be able to select two.):
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury
PSP games (You’ll be able to select two):
Other benefits include:
• A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
• 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
• Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
• Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
• Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
• To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.