Two years after Halo 3 was released, Microsoft and game developer Bungie have released Halo 3: ODST, a continuation of the first person shooter which takes place in the 26th century, and pits your characters against the alien race alliance known as the Covenant.
In the game, players take on the role of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, or ODSTs, who explore the ruined city of New Mombasa in search of missing fellow troopers, and clues to the enemy’s plans.
Halo 3: ODST introduces Firefight, a new cooperative multiplayer mode where up to four players can assume the role of an ODST squad. The game also contains three new multiplayer Halo 3 maps: Heretic, Longshore, and Citadel, which come on a standalone disc.
- Halo 3: ODST contains 1,750 new Xbox LIVE achievement points, as well as new weapons, technology and an invite to join the Halo: Reach beta in 2010.
- Stand-alone expansion to Halo 3 that doesn’t require ownership of the previous game to play.
- New campaign, hero and tactics from the Halo universe as players take on the role of a rookie in the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers sent into New Mombasa.
- 4-player co-op “Firefight” mode offers a whole new way to play Halo with friends both via system link and over Xbox LIVE.
- Along with all the existing Halo 3 maps, ODST contains three new multiplayer Halo 3 maps: Heretic, Longshore, and Citadel.