Our Blu-ray pic of the week is the director’s cut of Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music. This 40th anniversary “Ultimate Collector’s Edition” contains never-before-seen performances by Joan Baez, Joe Cocker, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Who, Johnny Winter and many others.
The limited and numbered Amazon-exclusive 2-disc box contains over three hours of extras, including two hours of performances and one hour of featurettes highlighting interviews from Martin Scorsese, Director Michael Wadleigh, and Producer Michael Lang.
The film covers the three-day Woodstock music festival in 1969 that encapsulates the peace movement of the sixties. Director Michael Wadleigh had worked with over 300 hours of footage to create this 225-minute director’s cut. The film, when released in 1970, had been cut by 40 minutes.
The box set contains these extras:
- Amazon-exclusive bonus disc with never-before-seen performance footage in hi-def from Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and Country Joe and the Fish plus three bonus featurettes
- 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition includes:
- Lucite display with images from the festival
- 60-page commemorative LIFE Magazine reprint
- Iron-on Woodstock patch
- Woodstock fact sheet
- Reproductions of festival memorabilia, including handwritten notes and a three-day ticket
List Price: $69.99 | Current Price: $48.99 – Order from Amazon
Here is a full list of other Blu-ray releases available at Amazon.com.