We’ve got the release dates and details for Downton Abbey on Blu-ray, Digital, and DVD! The film will first be available in digital formats on Tuesday, Nov. 26, followed by Blu-ray and DVD on Dec. 17.
On Blu-ray, Downton Abbey is presented in 1080p at 2.39:1 (16:9) widescreen aspect ratio with an English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1/Dolby Digital 2.0 soundtrack. Spanish and French audio is provided in DTS Digital Surround 5.1. And, subtitles are offered in English SDH, Spanish and French.
Bonus features with the purchase of Downton Abbey in any format include deleted scenes, interviews with the cast, behind-the-scenes looks, director’s commentary, and several featurettes (see details below).
Downton Abbey is priced $24.99 (Blu-ray) and $19.99 (DVD) on Amazon. Universal is also releasing a Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-ray combo in exclusive packaging that includes a collectible photo book and recipe cards. The limited edition is priced $34.99 on Amazon.
Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations – Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- Upstairs Cast
- Downstairs Cast
- The Royal Visit – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- True to the Twenties – Fans of DOWNTON ABBEY are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th century. Learn how DOWNTON ABBEY maintains a reputation of being true to the time period.
- Welcome to Downton Abbey – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise.
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes – Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian’s brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing Downton Abbey to the big screen.
- Downton Abbey Series Recap* – Whether you’re new or just need a refresher, this series recap will catch you up on the story so far.
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler
<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/tu3mP0c51hE” width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>