This year’s Oscar winner for “Best Animated Feature Film” Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse has been released to digital formats 3 weeks earlier than Blu-ray Disc and DVD. And, if you’ve got the latest equipment in home theater the Digital 4k version features Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. For those of you who love packaged media, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will release to disc and On-Demand on March 19. Read more about the Blu-ray & 4k Blu-ray editions here.
Popular services where you can buy Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in digital formats include Amazon Prime Video, Apple iTunes, Google Play, FandangoNow, Microsoft Video, and Vudu, all of which are partners with Movies Anywhere. For those of you with Ultra HD TVs, the film is available in Digital UHD (4k) from the services mentioned above.
Those who purchase Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in digital can get over a dozen pieces of bonus content including the featurettes “We Are Spider-Man,” “Spider-Verse: A New Dimension,” and ” Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko” among others. Microsoft is offering two weeks of Xbox Game Pass free when movie is purchased from Feb. 26 through Mar. 11, 2019. See below for more bonus features and check with your preferred digital retailer to confirm extras.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is available in Digital UHD (4k) from Fandango, Microsoft and Vudu. The 4k versions also include High Dynamic Range with Dolby Vision for supporting TVs and devices, and, the soundtrack is provided in Dolby Atmos for systems that support it. If not, the audio will play in whatever Dolby multi-channel format is available. Also Read: How to Watch 4k/HDR Movies & TV Shows
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sells for between $19.99 and $24.99 (4k UHD). For this title, many services are selling the SD, HD and UHD versions for the same price. Amazon Prime Video is selling the 4k UHD version for higher than any other services at $24.99. Check out the current prices below.
- Amazon Prime Video – $19.99 (HD) $24.99 (UHD) + Bonus Content
- Apple iTunes – $19.99 (HD,UHD) + iTunes Extras
- FandangoNow –$19.99 (SD,HD,UHD) +Bonus Content
- Google Play – $19.99 (HD,UHD)
- Microsoft Video – $19.99 (SD,HD,UHD) + Bonus Content
- Vudu (Walmart) – $19.99 (SD,HD,UHD) + Bonus Content
- We Are Spider-Man
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension
- The Ultimate Comics Cast
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge
- Designing Cinematic Comics Characters
- Heroes & Hams
- Scorpions and Scoundrels
- Alternate Universe Mode
- 2 Lyric Videos
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham”
* Prices at time of publication and subject to change.