Coen Brothers’ now classic comedy The Big Lebowski will soon be available in 4k Ultra HD, as Universal Pictures celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the theatrical release of the film in 1998.
On 4k Blu-ray the film is presented in 2160p at 1.85:1 widescreen aspect ratio with enhanced color via the HDR10 specification. The audio is provided in DTS:X Immersive Audio as well as DTS Digital Surround 5.1 in Spanish, French, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Japanese.
There aren’t any new bonus features in this edition, however, the Blu-ray Disc includes previously-released special features and code to redeem a digital copy.
My only hope is that the Big Lebowski kills me before the Germans can cut my d_*^ off. – The Dude
The Big Lebowski is ranked #179 in IMDB’s Top Movies List with a great cast that including Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, Tara Reid, John Turturro, and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
On Ultra HD Blu-ray, The Big Lebowski has a suggested retail price of $29.99 (US) and can be purchased at various retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Target.
There’s also a Limited Edition (SRP $59.99) that comes with film memorabilia including a miniature sweater, bowling ball, backpack and booklet.
Special Features (Blu-ray)
- Includes a digital copy of The Big Lebowski (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
- Features High Dynamic Range (HDR) for Brighter, Deeper, More Lifelike Color
- U-Control: Scene Companion
- U-Control: Mark It, Dude
- U-Control: The Music of The Big Lebowski
- Worthy Adversaries: What’s My Line Trivia
- The Dude’s Life
- The Dude Abides: The Big Lebowski Ten Years Later
- Making of The Big Lebowski
- The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever’s Story
- Flying Carpets and Bowling Pin Dreams: The Dream Sequences of The Dude
- Interactive Map
- Jeff Bridges Photo Book
- Photo Gallery
- An Introduction
- No Kid Hungry PSA
[amazon_link asins=’B07G2CJLNN,B07G1XX3MM’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’API-user-hdr’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’88438fba-b088-11e8-9d4a-47eb97ff4946′]