Tired of seeing the same movies and shows on Netflix? Try searching through different genres that may have titles you’ve never seen before. Better yet, find a genre that contains the type of programming you love and bookmark it!
Each Netflix title belongs to at least one genre and those genres can be found under a specific database number. For example, the category shown above “Horror Movies” falls under the genre number 8711. The number can be accessed in the URL address of a web browser (seen above), and can be randomly changed to find other genres.
Unfortunately, this is something you can only do on a PC using a web browser, but you can add titles to your lists for viewing on mobile and smart TV apps.
Netflix has thousands of titles available for streaming at any time, and many can even be downloaded for viewing offline.
Here are some niche genres you may have never seen before. Just click on the genre ID to link directly over to Netflix (you might have to sign in or select a profile).
Check Out These Netflix Categories
- Movies Starring Anthony Hopkins (Instinct, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, 360…)
- Courtroom Mysteries (Primal Fear, The Firm, The Lincoln Lawyer)
- Comic Book and Superhero Movies (Thor: The Dark World, Kick-Ass, Watchmen…)
- Dark Comedies (Sarah Silverman: A Speck of Dust, Logan Lucky, Okja…)
- Anime Sci-Fi (Godzilla Planet of the Monsters, BLAME!, Robotech…)
- Art House Movies (The Skin of the Wolf, Under the Skin, Duck Butter…)
- New Zealand Movies – (The Lovely Bones, Abandoned, The Dead Lands…)
- British TV Shows (Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, Planet Earth II…)
- Epics (Troy, 13 Assassins, The Last Kingdom…)
- Experimental Movies (The Bomb, Sinking into the Sea, Paradox…)
- Film Noir (Mute, Sin City, Jackie Brown…)
- Mockumentaries (American Vandal, Trailer Park Boys, Borderline…)
- Tearjerkers (Dallas Buyers Club, Milk, In This Corner of the World…)
- Late Night Comedies (Father of the Year, Happy Gilmore, Oh My Ghost…)
See a more extensive list of Netflix Genres to find even more content.