There has been some confusion about the release date for Terminator 2: Judgement Day on Ultra HD Blu-ray, but now it appears to be locked-in for Tuesday, Dec. 26. Both Amazon and Best Buy have it listed for release on that day, priced $16.59 and $17.99, respectively.
The retailers also list the special Limited Collector’s Edition of Terminator 2: Judgement Day with life-sized replica EndoArm, but it’s been sold out for a while now (only 6,000 of the EndoArm units are being made available in the US).
The 4k remastering of Terminator 2: Judgement Day to Ultra HD Blu-ray is presented in 2160p at 2.35:1 aspect ratio, with HDR provided via the HDR10 specification. Audio is offered in English DTS:X and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1.
Terminator 2: Judgement Day includes 3 versions of the film, deleted scenes, and audio commentaries, a well as a new 55-minute documentary titled “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” featuring exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, and Edward Furlong.
Terminator 2: Judgement Day Special Features
- Life-sized EndoArm encased in hard acrylic dome on an uniquely number stand including James Cameron’s signature (Special Collector’s Edition)
- 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of the theatrical film
- New Blu-ray disc fully loaded with special features
- Brand-new 55-minute documentary “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” featuring James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edward Furlong, and more
- Deleted scenes with audio commentary
- 3 versions of the film
- 2 commentaries and more!