Universal Pictures has released The Girl on the Train starring Emily Blunt to Digital SD, HD and UHD formats. The digital release comes two weeks ahead of the Blu-ray, 4k Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand rental options on January 17th.
Those of you looking to purchase the film in 4k can find it on Vudu for $29.99 (labeled as UHD format). Vudu (owned by Walmart) also has a “Disc & Digital” deal with which you can get both the Blu-ray disc and Digital HD copy for $19.96 (the Blu-ray will be shipped from Walmart when released).
If you’re looking for more bang for your buck, The Girl on the Train from Apple’s iTunes includes bonus material such as deleted and extended scenes, interviews, and production featurettes.
The Girl on the Train Digital UHD/HD/SD Price Comparison*
- Amazon Instant Video – $14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Apple iTunes –$14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD) + iTunes Extras
- Cinema Now – NA
- FandangoNow (prev. M-Go) –$14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Google Play –$14.99 (HD) NA (SD)
- Sony Entertainment Network – $14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Verizon FiOS On Demand – $16.99 (HD) $16.49 (SD)
- Vudu (Walmart) –$29.99 (UHD) $14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Microsoft Video – $14.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
*Prices at time of article publication.
NA – Not available at time of publication