The 2015 Rugby World Cup from England has 20 teams competing from September 18th through October 31st for a chance to bring home the coveted Webb Ellis Cup. While the matches have been invigorating (Japan’s noble but failed attempt to take down Scotland is certainly worth mentioning), they can be expensive to purchase individually or bundled.
Individual matches start at $27.95, and a streaming (internet-only) package costs $199.99 for the entire tournament. (Learn more about streaming the Rugby World Cup here.)
In the United States, however, nine matches of the tournament will be available for viewing between Universal Sports and NBC. If you have those channels, you should be able to watch the games free, which includes all the scheduled USA Rugby team matches and World Cup finals.
Here’s a schedule of the US broadcast games on Universal Sports and NBC airing between September 18th and October 31st, 2015.
USA Rugby & Finals schedule of the 2015 Rugby World Cup:
Universal Sports 7 matches:
- FRI, SEPT 18 - England v Fiji, 2:00 ET LIVE (w/Opening Ceremony)
- SUN, SEPT 20 - Samoa v USA, 9:30 AM ET LIVE
- SUN, SEPT 27 – Scotland v USA, 9:30 AM ET LIVE
- WED, OCT 7 - South Africa v USA, 11:30 AM 2 PM ET LIVE
- SUN, OCT 11 – USA v Japan, 3:00 PM ET LIVE
- SUN, OCT 25 – Semi Final #2, 11:00 AM ET LIVE
- FRI, OCT 30 - Bronze Medal Match, 4:00 PM ET LIVE
NBC 2 matches:
- SAT, OCT 24 – Semi Final #1, 2:30 PM ET
(same-day-delay on NBC; re-airs on USN 7-9:30 PM ET)
- SAT, OCT 31 – World Cup Final, 12-2:30 PM ET LIVE on NBC
(re-airs on USN on 11/1 from 4-6:30 PM ET)
NBC’s Universal Sports can be found on DirecTV Channel 625 (SD), Dish Network Channel 402 (SD), Verizon FiOS Channel 804 (HD), Sling TV, and most U.S. cable TV systems (check your local guide).