Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s 2-hour thriller Mad Max: Fury Road has surpassed $300 million in the worldwide box office, while domestically the film has earned $125.1 million to date.
“Mad Max: Fury Road has proven to be a hit with followers of the original films while also creating a new generation of fans,” said Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
“Word of mouth remains strong worldwide as the film continues to gain both first time and repeat viewers,” added Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
As of the Warner Bros. announcement June 8th, 2015 Mad Max: Fury Road has earned $177 million at the international box office, and combined with the domestic box office has earned more than $302 million.
Oscar-winning director George Miller (Happy Feet, Mad Max) directed and co-produced Mad Max: Fury Road. He also co-wrote the film from a screenplay written with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris.
For the weekend ending June 7, 2015, Rentrak has Mad Max: Fury Road at number five in worldwide box office earnings:
1. San Andreas – Warner Bros. – $124.2M
2. Spy – 20th Century Fox – $55.6M
3. Insidious Chapter 3 – Sony – $37.3M
4. Tomorrowland – Disney – $20.8M
5. Mad Max: Fury Road – Warner Bros. – $19.0M
6. Entourage – Warner Bros. – $13.4M
7. Avengers: Age Of Ultron – Disney – $13.2M
8. Stand by Me Doraemon – Multiple – $12.5M
9. Pitch Perfect 2 – Universal – $12.3M
10. Poltergeist – 20th Century Fox – $6.0M