Today Apple released an update to its iOS system that introduces CarPlay, fixes bugs, and improves performance for iPhone 4 users. Apple CarPlay for iPhones is available with select 2014 model automobiles and interacts with a car’s built-in display, making it easier and safer to take calls while driving, get directions, and play music from iTunes. You can also read, write and send text messages using Siri to translate what you dictate on the road. Some of the other updated features include improved Siri interaction, Apple Touch ID, and Apple has addressed bugs such as the annoying Home screen crash.
iOS 7.1 updates include:
- Now Siri knows when to stop listening: Siri will listen only when you hold down the home button and will stop when you release it.
- Set Camera to take HDR photos: Now you can automatically enable HDR quality on the iPhone 5s.
- Updated look and feel: Apple has refined some of the iO7 interface.
- See Calendar events improved: Now you can glance at your events in the Month view.
- Home screen crash: Apple has fixed this crash bug.
- Touch ID fingerprint update: Apple’s Touch ID fingerprint recognition has been improved.
- iPhone 4 improvements: Apple has improved system performance and responsiveness for iPhone 4 users.
To update your system go to Settings, select General, then tap Software Update.