Dish Network has launched TV Everywhere allowing subscribers to watch Dish programming — both recorded and live — on devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and PCS (Mac and Windows). All you need is the new Sling Adapter ($99) which pairs with your DISH ViP 722 or 722k HD DVR and the free Dish Remote Access app to view shows, schedule and manage DVR recordings. The Sling Adapter also allows you to watch both standard and high-definition quality, streamed from both 3G and WiFi connections.
Dish Network Chief Marketing Officer Ira Bahr says, “Unlike mobile viewing from cable and telcos that limit access to select programs, our TV Everywhere services give consumers 24 x 7 access to all of the live and recorded content included with their DISH Network programming subscription.”
SlingPlayer Mobile technology supports the following devices:
- iPhone® & iPod touch®: Watch your TV on your iPhone’s Retina display. You can download the app now through the iTunes Store®.
- iPad™ (TV viewing coming soon on iOS 4.2): Catch your favorite TV shows, live and in HD, on the iPad’s crystal-clear 9.7 inch screen. The DISH Remote Access app is currently available through the iTunes Store and will soon be updated to provide full-screen TV viewing for the iPad.
- Android™: DISH Network offers full support for the fastest-growing smartphone OS in the world. DISH Remote Access for Android devices is available for 4.3-inch display smartphones and tablets, and can be downloaded through the Android Market using your device.
- Windows® & Mac® Computers: DISH Remote Access allows high-definition TV viewing on Windows and Mac systems. DISH Network subscribers can log in to DISH Remote Access at DISH Network’s website to use the service.
- BlackBerry®: DISH Remote Access means your BlackBerry is no longer just for business, unless your business is watching your TV anywhere and anytime. The beta app is available for Bold (Models 9700 & 9000) and Curve (Models 8520 & 8900) through the TV Everywhere section on DISH Network’s website.
I’ve had lots of time to play with the sling box. Even working for Dish Network, I still think this is one of the
best advances in TV in years. Sports on my iphone can’t be beat.