Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) will release to Ultra HD Blu-ray on May 7th, featuring upgraded 4k (2160p) video at 1.85:1 widescreen aspect ratio with High Dynamic Range (HDR10) color enhancements.
On 4k Blu-ray, the English soundtrack has been remixed to DTS:X immersive audio with alternate languages in Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Japanese offered in DTS Digital Surround 5.1.
Previously-released bonus features such as deleted scenes, U-Control Scene Explorer, and Troll Market Tour are provided only on the Blu-ray Disc, with the exception of Feature Commentary on the new Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc.
The Hellboy II: The Golden Army 2-disc combo edition from Universal includes a 4k Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and Digital Copy redeemable with Movies Anywhere. The edition is available to order from Amazon for $21.64 (List: $29.99).
Hellboy was created by famed writer/artist Mike Mignola for Dark Horse Comics. The character has appeared in numerous comic book titles such as B.P.R.D., Abe Sapien, Witchfinder and Dark Horse Presents publications.
- Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
- Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro
- Production Workshop
- Zinco Epilogue Animated Comic
- Comic Book Builder
- Director’s Notebook
- Set Visits
- Concept Art Gallery
- Feature Commentary with Director Guilermo del Toro
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair & Luke Goss