If you’re a Star Trek fan but didn’t get around to subscribing to CBS All Access last fall the first season of ‘Discovery’ will arrive on Blu-ray and DVD Tuesday, Nov. 13. The upcoming Blu-ray release will also mark the first time ‘Discovery’ can be watched in Full HD (1080p), as CBS All Access streams at best in 720p.
The 4-disc set from Paramount Home Media includes all 15 episodes of the 2017/2018 season, as well as over 2 hours of exclusive special features including never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, production featurettes, deleted scenes, and other extras.
Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 on Blu-ray is selling for $35.99 (List $50.99) and on DVD $29.99 (List $41.99). (Order on Amazon)
The home media release of the first season of Star Trek: Discovery anticipates the premiere of the second season in 2019.
- A FEMALE TOUCH – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume Designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- FEEDING FRENZY – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- PROP ME UP – Led by Propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
- THE STAR TREK THEME – A discussion with Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman and Composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes