Director James Cameron’s Terminator 2: Judgement Day has been remastered for release to 4k Blu-ray on October 3rd, and along with the 2-disc edition from Lionsgate will come a special Limited Collector’s Edition with life-sized replica EndoArm.
Only 6000 of the EndoArm units are being made available in the US, and are encased in a hard acrylic dome mounted on a uniquely numberered stand with James Cameron’s signature.
With a suggested retail price of $174.99, this Collector’s Edition is for diehard Terminator fans only. Lionsgate says once they are gone, “they are gone forever!” The common 4k Blu-ray release is currently selling for about $22 (see updated Amazon price below).
The enhanced Ultra HD edition of Terminator 2: Judgement Day features audio in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
DTS:X and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, and video is presented in 2160p at 2.35:1 aspect ratio. From what we know it does not appear to includes HDR via HDR10.
Terminator 2: Judgement Day includes 3 versions of the film, deleted scenes, and audio commentaries, a well as a new 55-minute documentary titled “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” featuring exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, and Edward Furlong.
Terminator 2: Judgement Day Special Features
- Life-sized EndoArm encased in hard acrylic dome on an uniquely number stand including James Cameron’s signature (Special Collector’s Edition)
- 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of the theatrical film
- New Blu-ray disc fully loaded with special features
- Brand-new 55-minute documentary “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” featuring James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edward Furlong, and more
- Deleted scenes with audio commentary
- 3 versions of the film
- 2 commentaries and more!
[amazon_link asins=’B074486NBN,B0744872GF’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’API-user-hdr’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5ad0af48-7872-11e7-ad71-d11f3904abe8′]