Warner Home Video’s Black Mass is now available to purchase in digital formats including SD, HD, and 4k UHD. The digital release comes about a month ahead of Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand options, and is one of the first titles (along with Warner Bros.’ Our Brand is Crisis) to be available in 4k day-and-date with the home media release.
The new 4k UHD format can be purchased from Vudu, and includes new immersive Dolby Atmos audio and high dynamic image range with Dolby Vision. Of course, you’ll need an Ultra HD TV to enjoy the movie in 4k.
Black Mass is typically selling for $14.99 (SD) or $19.99 (Digital HD) from online video services such as Amazon Video, iTunes, and Vudu. Although, Cinema Now, Verizon FiOS, and Xfinity TV have it priced a bit higher. The 4k UHD version from Vudu costs $29.99. (See a price comparison below for more services.)
Black Mass was directed by Scott Cooper (Crazy Heart), and stars Johnny Depp as the infamous Boston gangster “Whitey Bulger,” along with Dakota Johnson as his wife, and Benedict Cumberbatch his brother Billy Bulger.
Black Mass Digital HD Price Comparison
- Amazon Instant Video – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD)
- Apple iTunes – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD)
- Cinema Now – NA (SD) $20.99 (HD) – plus Bonus Features
- Google Play – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD)
- M-Go – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD)
- Sony Entertainment Network – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD)
- Verizon FiOS On Demand – $16.49 (SD) $20.99 (HD)
- Vudu (Walmart) – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD/HDX) $29.99 (4k UHD)
- Microsoft Movies & TV (formerly Xbox Video) – $14.99 (SD) $19.99 (HD) – plus Bonus Content
- Xfinity TV (On Demand) – $17.99 (SD) $21.99 (HD)
From Warner Home Entertainment:
“In 1970s South Boston, FBI Agent John Connolly (Joel Edgerton) persuades Irish mobster James “Whitey” Bulger (Johnny Depp) to collaborate with the FBI and eliminate a common enemy: the Italian mob. The drama tells the true story of this unholy alliance, which spiraled out of control, allowing Whitey to evade law enforcement, consolidate power, and become one of the most ruthless and powerful gangsters in Boston history.”
View more price comparisons on other popular digital movie releases.
*Prices at time of article publication.