Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the June 2, 2015 summer release of Apollo 13: 20th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray Disc and Digital HD. The Oscar-winning film from Ron Howard has been digitally remastered from the original high-resolution 35mm film negatives, and can be seen at the TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood when it premieres on Friday, March 27th.
Apollo 13 was previously released to high-definition Blu-ray Disc, celebrating 15 years since the film’s debut in theaters. Most of the bonus material on the upcoming 20th anniversary edition was already released in the 15th anniversary edition, with the exception of an all new retrospective bonus feature titled “Apollo 13: Twenty Years Later” with director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer.
Here’s a breakdown of the bonus content:
- Apollo 13: Twenty Years Later: A Conversation with Director Ron Howard and Producer Brian Grazer
- Lost Moon: The Triumph of Apollo 13 (previously released)
- Conquering Space: The Moon and Beyond (previously released)
- Lucky 13: The Astronaut’s Story (previously released)
- U-Control: The Apollo Era (previously released)
- U-Control: Tech-Splanations (previously released)
- Feature Commentary with director Ron Howard
- Feature Commentary with Jim and Marilyn Lovell
Apollo 13 stars Academy Award-winner Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump), Kevin Bacon (Footloose), Bill Paxton (Titanic), Gary Sinise (“CSI: New York,”) and Ed Harris (Pollock).