The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 has been released early to Digital HD format, about two-and-a-half weeks ahead of the Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand rental options are available Friday, March 6. Most digital vendors have The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 priced at $14.99 for SD, and $19.99 for HD. However, the most expensive Web site to purchase the film in HD is Flixster (priced at $23.99), and the least expensive in SD format from Target Ticket ($13.99). See the full comparison below.
Apple, Best Buy, Xbox Video, Sony, Vudu and Xbox are all offering bonus material with the purchase of the HD format, such as behind-the-scenes footage, a full-length documentary video, deleted scenes, music video, a tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman, and other extras. Amazon and Target also offer bonus features, but the details of which are not detailed.
If you can wait, the two-disc Blu-ray Disc edition of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 will include a DVD and Digital HD copy redeemable with Apple iTunes or UltraViolet.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Digital HD/SD Price Comparison*
- Amazon Instant Video – $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Apple iTunes – $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Best Buy Cinema Now – $22 (HD) $15.99 (SD)
- Flixster – $23.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Google Play – $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Sony Entertainment Network – $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Target Ticket – $19.99 (HD) $13.99 (SD)
- Verizon FiOS On Demand – $20.99 (HD) $15.99 (SD)
- Vudu (Walmart) – $19.99 (HD/HDX) $14.99 (SD)
- Xbox Video – $19.99 (HD) $14.99 (SD)
- Xfinity On Demand – Not Available Online
*Prices at time of article publication.