Blockbuster has added more accessibility to its BLOCKBUSTER On Demand service by partnering with six new electronics distributers that include Onkyo, Sylvania, Yamaha, Integra, and Western Digital. A total of seven new devices are now capable of utilizing the service — most of them Blu-ray Disc disc players with the exception of Western Digital’s TV Live Hub media box.
Blockbuster On Demand is a rental service which doesn’t require a monthly fee. Renting a movie will allow you to watch it on different devices like PCs, BD players and mobile devices. The service also works seamlessly across platforms allowing you to pause a movie on one device and restart on another.
“We are passionate about making it easy for people to get the newest releases and all their favorite movies across an increasingly wide variety of devices from the entry-level to high-end,” said BLOCKBUSTER On Demand’s Bruce Anderson.
New supported devices include:
- Integra’s high-end DBS-30.2 Blu-ray disc player features high-definition surround sound formats for Blu-ray, Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus decoding and is available through select custom installers.
- Integra’s other high-end Blu-ray disc player, the DBS-50.2, offers full-feature Blu-ray Disc Play Back and a High Quality Video Scaler and is available through select custom installers.
- Magnavox’s MB 5130 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with built-in wireless LAN, deep color support, SD card support and Energy Star 2.0 support.
- Onkyo’s BD-SP808, a THX and DLNA 1.5 Certified Blu-ray Disc Player with a full array of state of the art technology, including Video On Demand, premium Marvel Qdeo™ video scaler, and studio-master quality Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ sound.
- Sylvania’s NB620SL1, a Wi-Fi-enabled Blu-ray disc player, also comes equipped with built-in wireless LAN, deep color support, SD card support and Energy Star 2.0 support.
- Western Digital’s WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, a Full-HD 1080p media player with a 1 terabyte (TB) built-in network hard drive and the freedom to play personal media on any screen in the home.
- Yamaha’s BD-A1000, designed to work with the Yamaha AVENTAGE line of components for maximum convenience, comes 3D ready and offers secondary video/audio for enhanced commentary.