You may have already purchased Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Digital or Blu-ray Disc, or even one of the exclusive retailer editions that were all released back in April. But for 3D TV owners and die-hard SW fans it will be hard to pass up Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Collector’s Edition when it releases this fall on November 15, 2016.
The 4-disc edition from Disney will include the film on Blu-ray 3D (previously not available), Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD, all packaged nicely in the collectible case seen above. But even if 3D isn’t your thing, Disney is making this edition (which some may call double-dipping) even more appealing with not-yet-released extra bonus material.
In addition to the bonus content previously released on Blu-ray, the Blu-ray 3D Collector’s Edition features brand-new bonus material including additional deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes conversations with cast and crew, and revealing, never-before released audio commentary from director J.J. Abrams. These new extras will only be available in the Blu-ray 3D Collector’s Edition.
Here’s a breakdown of the bonus features, followed by international release dates.
3D COLLECTOR’S EDITION BONUS FEATURES*:
- Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of Star Wars: The Force Awakens alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of Star Wars: The Force Awakens moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn’t make the film’s final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams, and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film’s remarkable digital artistry, and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Collector’s Edition global release dates include:
- Australia – Nov. 9
- Brazil – Nov. 16
- France – Oct. 31
- Germany – Nov. 24
- Holland – Oct. 31
- Italy – Nov. 2
- Spain – Nov. 2
- Sweden – Oct. 31
- United Kingdom – Oct. 31
- US and Canada – Nov. 15