Universal Pictures’ Furious 7 has been released early to Digital HD format in an Extended Edition, a few weeks ahead of Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and On Demand. At 140 minutes, the Extended Edition is only a few more minutes than the theatrical release that grossed $147M in its opening weekend (U.S.).
The Digital HD purchase of Furious 7 (Extended Edition) is $14.99 for either HD or SD quality from most digital services, with the exception of CinemaNow and Comcast Xfinity TV where the title is $15.99 (SD/HD), and Verizon FiOS On Demand where they are selling the theatrical version for $16.99 (HD).
Just a note, Xbox Video (Microsoft store) calls Furious 7 “Unrated” rather than “Extended Edition.”
Furious 7 was directed by James Wan and written by Chris Morgan and Gary Scott Thompson (characters). The film stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, and Kurt Russell.
Here’s a look at where to buy Mad Max: Fury Road in Digital HD.
Furious 7 Digital SD/HD Price Comparison*
- Amazon Instant Video – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD)
- Apple iTunes – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD) – includes iTunes Extras
- Cinema Now – $15.99 (SD) $15.99 (HD)
- Google Play – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD)
- Sony Entertainment Network – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD)
- Verizon FiOS On Demand (Theatrical version) – $16.49 (SD) $16.99 (HD)
- Vudu (Walmart) – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD/HDX)
- Xbox Video (now Microsoft Movies & TV) – $14.99 (SD) $14.99 (HD)
- Xfinity TV (On Demand) – $15.99 (SD) $15.99 (HD)
View more price comparisons on other popular digital movie releases.
*Prices at time of article publication.