Official Contest/Giveaway Rules
HD Report will conduct the Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older at the time of entry are eligible to participate in the contest. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of HD Report, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per year unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. HD Report reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
4. The contest will begin and end on stated dates within promotional text (the “Contest Period”).
5. To enter the contest individuals must “Like” the HD Report page on Facebook.com at http://www.facebook.com/hdreport and/or “Follow” HD Report on Twitter at @hdreport. Individuals may also be required make a comment on a link, status, video, photo, or question during the dates specified as the “Contest Period.” Chances of winning are not increased by multiple entries.
6. At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) entrant will be randomly selected from all eligible entries as potential grand prize winner. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in HD Report’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be randomly selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded.
7. One (1) grand prize will be awarded. All expenses and fees associated with the grand prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total grand prize package is valued at current market price or MSRP of product.
8. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received before the contest end date.
9. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. HD Report reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. HD Report shall not be responsible for the failure of shipping company to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. All prizes must be claimed within 48 hours of contacting winner through a method determined within entry rules (eg. Twitter Direct Message, Facebook Message), by supplying a valid shipping address within the 50 U.S. states. (U.S. Territories excluded). HD Report reserves the right to choose shipping carrier, method and cost.
12. All entrants and winners agree that HD Report shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. HD Report is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, or unauthorized access to HD Report’s website.
14. Some prizes and giveaways may include bonus materials, extras, digital copies, or other limited time offers that may expire or be expired by the time an entrant receives or attempts to activate an offer. For example, HD Report is not responsible for a Blu-ray combo edition that includes a Digital Copy that may have expired.
15. All entrants and winners agree to give HD Report and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their first name and initial letter of last name. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold HD Report harmless from any and all claims they may have against HD Report in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name.
16. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from HD Report regarding events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that HD Report may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
17. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of HD Report personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. HD Report will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and HD Report’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of HD Report, HD Report reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as HD Report deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by HD Report are final. HD Report may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HD REPORT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release HD Report and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
19. A winner(s) list may be obtained after Contest Period ends by contacting HD Report.