Apocalypse Now – The 1979 Cut and Apocalypse Now Redux are presented for the first time in Hi-Def! This 3-Disc Deluxe Edition includes Apocalypse Now and Apocalypse Now Redux in stunning new transfers supervised by Francis Ford Coppola – and presented for the first time in their original 2.35:1 theatrical aspect ratios. Also included is the feature-length making-of documentary Hearts of Darkness, presented in a new 1080p HD transfer.
Additional features include a 48-page collectible booklet with never-before-seen archives from the set, over 9 hours of bonus features, plus a storyboard gallery, image galleries, marketing archives and an original script excerpt from John Milius featuring hand-written notes from Coppola.
Apocalypse Now (Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) detailed features:
• New 1080p transfers supervised by Francis Ford Coppola – first time ever in original theatrical aspect ratio (2.35:1) in home entertainment release!
• Exclusive to Full Disclosure edition: Hearts of Darkness, the feature-length making-of documentary with optional audio commentary from Eleanor and Francis Ford Coppola
• Exclusive to Full Disclosure edition: 48-page printed collectible booklet with letter from Francis Ford Coppola, never-before-seen archives from the set, behind-the-scenes photos and more!
• Exclusive to Full Disclosure edition: 52-page John Milius script excerpt (onscreen) with handwritten notes from Francis Ford Coppola
• Exclusive to Full Disclosure edition: Storyboard Gallery
• Exclusive to Full Disclosure edition: Marketing Archives
• New “A Converation with Martin Sheen” interview by Francis Ford Coppola
• New “An Interview with John Milius” by Francis Ford Coppola
• Never-before-included Complete 2001 Cannes Film Festival: Francis Ford Coppola interview by Roger Ebert
• Audio Commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
• Monkey Sampan “lost scene”
• Additional Scenes
• “Destruction of the Kurtz Compound” – with audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
• “Heart of Darkness” – 1938 Mercury Theatre audio recording with Orson Welles
• “The Hollow Men” – video of Marlon Brando reading T.S. Eliot’s poem
• “The Birth of 5.1 Sound” featurette
• “Ghost Helicopter Flyover” sound effects demonstration
• “A Million Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now” featurette
• “The Music of Apocalypse Now” featurette
• “The Synthesizer Soundtrack” article by Bob Moog
• “Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now” featurette
• “The Final Mix” featurette
• “Apocalypse Then and Now” featurette
• “PBR Streetgang” interviews with the boat crew actors
• “The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now” featurette