Title: Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Director’s Edition – The Complete Adventure
Format: 4k Blu-ray/Blu-ray
Release Date: Sept. 6, 2022
Price: List $109.99 | Price $97.99
Paramount is releasing a Limited-Edition Collector’s Set titled “The Complete Adventure” that includes 4k presentations of the Director’s Edition, the theatrical version, and a special longer cut of the film. The limited-edition arrives on Sept. 6, 2022 along with Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Director’s Edition packaged with a 4k Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and code to redeem a Digital Copy. The Complete Adventure includes all of the features listed below.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Director’s Edition
Ultra HD Disc Bonus Features
- Audio Commentary with David C. Fein, Mike Matessino, and Daren R. Dochterman—NEW!
- Audio Commentary by Robert Wise, Douglas Trumbull, John Dykstra, Jerry Goldsmith, and Stephen Collins
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda
Blu-ray Disc Bonus features
- The Human Adventure—An all-new 8-part documentary detailing how the Director’s Edition came to life—NEW!
- Preparing the Future – How the remastering began
- A Wise Choice – The storied history of Robert Wise
- Refitting the Enterprise – How the Enterprise design shaped future federation starships
- Sounding Off – Exploring new dimensions of sound in Dolby Atmos
- V’ger – The conception and restoration of an iconic alien antagonist
- Return to Tomorrow – Reaching an already high bar with new CGI effects
- A Grand Theme – Behind the iconic, influential music score that shaped the franchise’s future
- The Grand Vision – The legacy and evolving reputation of this classic movie
- Deleted Scenes—NEW!
- Effects Tests—NEW!
- Costume Tests—NEW!
- Computer Display Graphics—NEW!
- Additional legacy bonus content
Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition—The Complete Adventure 4K Ultra HD
This Limited-Edition Collector’s Set includes all of the above, plus an additional 4K Ultra HD disc containing:
- The Theatrical Cut
- The first-ever widescreen presentation of the Special Longer Version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, originally created for broadcast television in 1983