Guillermo Del Toro’s Hellboy (2004) has been upgraded for release on 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray from brand new 4k remasters. The 2-disc edition will include both the Theatrical Cut (121 min.) and Director’s Cut (132 min.) of the film (each remastered), as well as Digital Copies redeemed through Movies Anywhere partners.
When asked about the Director’s Cut of Hellboy Del Toro said, “I think that the first release of the movie, the first cut that was in theaters, was a perfectly good cut, and I was happy with it. But I felt the need to go back and put some characters moments and some absolutely surreal subplots that made the movie have a different flavour. It [the Director’s Cut] restores a few of the character storylines that were lost in the theatrical cut.”
Hellboy (2204) on 4k Blu-ray is presented in 3840 x 2160 resolution at 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 High Dynamic Range color. English audio is provided in Dolby Atmos / Dolby TrueHD 7.1 as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. The included Blu-ray edition also features the new Dolby Atmos track.
New bonus material on the 4k Blu-ray disc includes an Introduction by Guillermo del Toro and “To Hell and Back” retrospective featurette.
Hellboy (2004) is selling for $30.99 US on Amazon. Best Buy is also releasing a SteelBook edition of Hellboy (2004) for $29.99. The Hellboy editions arrive on October 15, 2019.
The new 4k release of the original Hellboy film follows the home media release of Hellboy (2019) to both Blu-ray and 4k Blu-ray, and the Hellboy Animated Double Feature to both formats.
4k Blu-ray Special Features
- BRAND NEW 4K REMASTERS OF THE DIRECTOR’S CUT AND THEATRICAL VERSION OF THE FILM
- EXCLUSIVE DOLBY ATMOS TRACK FOR BOTH VERSIONS
- ALL-NEW: Introduction by Guillermo del Toro
- ALL-NEW “To Hell and Back” Retrospective Featurette
- Three Audio Commentaries Featuring Director Guillermo del Toro, Creator Mike Mignola and the Cast
- “The Seeds of Creation” Documentary
- Theatrical Trailers
Blu-ray Special Features
- REMASTERED THEATRICAL VERSION OF THE FILM
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
- Makeup and Lighting Tests with Commentary
- VFX How To’s
- A Quick Guide to Understanding Comics with Scott McCloud
- “Right Hand of Doom” Set Visits and Factoids
- Q&A Archive: Comic-Con 2002
- Mike Mignola Pre-Production Art
- Multi-Angle Storyboard Comparisons
- TV Spots
- Photo Galleries
- AND MORE
[amazon_link asins=’B07GW46DV7′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’hdrep-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ff6de869-6192-4f72-ba75-67ef4150f424′]